Caring for your Akuma products
Follow these simple instructions when washing or drying your products.
Akuma advise washing garments as soon as possible following use. Do not allow stains to set. Do not leave garments that are wet or dirty in bags as smells and permanent stains will develop. The sooner muddy or stained garments are pre-treated and washed, the better the washing results will be.
IF WASHING DOES NOT REMOVE THE STAIN WE WOULD SUGGEST:
- Following washing, do not let garments dry as this can cause the stain to set.
- Soak the garment in a pre-wash. In cases where staining is severe it may be necessary to apply a stain remover directly to the affected area before washing again.
- Do not allow a garment to dry until the stain is removed. Once the stain is removed wash as per guidelines.
- Pre-treat heavily soiled areas.
- Apply undiluted laundry detergent.
- Sensitive stains should firstly be rinsed in cold water, then washed with a non-chloride bleach product.
- Pre-soak garments with heavy stains. Soak stained garments in a plastic bucket with the warmest water safe for the fabric and a good laundry detergent for 1-3 hours.
Always look for the garment care label and follow the washing instructions. Washing machines, detergents and fabrics are manufactured to ensure that when washed at the specified temperature your garments will come out looking their best after each wash.
- Before washing, close all zips, undo all buttons and flatten out collars and cuffs.
- Check pockets and linings for loose or sharp objects.
- Always read the label for individual garment instructions, such as washing temperature.
- Turn garments inside out to reduce abrasion so avoiding contamination from other garments.
- Garments of similar colours can be washed together where stated on the care label.
- Do not overload the washing machine.
- Always use the correct amount of detergent depending on how soiled the garments are.
- Check garments regularly for stains and remove as soon as possible, it may be necessary to pre-soak.
Always check the care label to see whether a garment can be tumble dried. We recommend air drying with most Akuma garments. For best results pull garment into shape when damp.
The iron symbol advises the optimum temperature at which to iron. The dots represent the reccomended iron temperature: the more dots the hotter the iron.
- Iron each garment on the recommended setting
- Do not iron directly onto garment embellishments
- Always iron garments on the reverse side
- When using a non-steam iron to iron dark garments avoid ‘iron shine’ by either ironing on the inside of the fabric or through a damp cloth