Always look for the garment care label and follow the washing instructions. Washing machines, detergents and fabrics are manufactured to ensure that when washed at the specified temperature your garments will come out looking their best after each wash.
- Before washing, close all zips, undo all buttons and flatten out collars and cuffs.
- Check pockets and linings for loose or sharp objects.
- Always read the label for individual garment instructions, such as washing temperature.
- Turn garments inside out to reduce abrasion so avoiding contamination from other garments.
- Garments of similar colours can be washed together where stated on the care label.
- Do not overload the washing machine.
- Always use the correct amount of detergent depending on how soiled the garments are.
- Check garments regularly for stains and remove as soon as possible, it may be necessary to pre-soak.